This article sets out how to use Panzura's snapshots to restore a file or folder that was deleted, renamed or caught in a ransomware attack
Panzura maintains user snapshots as set up in the snapshot configuration on the filer. Users or sys admins can restore a previous version up to the retention policy.
To restore a file or folder that was deleted or renamed, the steps are:
- Click the Computer icon on the desktop to open it
- Navigate to the folder that used to contain the file or folder, right-click it, and then click Restore previous versions. If you can’t remember the exact file or path, you can search for it by typing part of its name in the Computer folder search box
- If the folder was at the top level of a drive, for example R:\, right-click the drive and then click Restore previous versions
- Double-click a previous version of the folder that contains the file or folder you want to restore. (For example, if a file was deleted today, choose a version of the folder from yesterday that contains the file.)
- Drag the file or folder that you want to restore to another location, such as the desktop or another folder