This major release brings greater access and observability to CloudFS, in addition to enhanced licensing flexibility.
Release Date November 8, 2021
🔥 What's New
File System Inventories
- Two new file system inventories are included in your Data Services menu in preview status, and provide visibility into your entire CloudFS configuration:
- CloudFS nodes, including their connectivity status
- CloudFS datasets, including the cloud storage in which they reside
These inventories provide a preview of the configuration and management capabilities that will be progressively introduced in upcoming releases.
Basic Account Tier
All CloudFS customers now have a new level of visibility and observability of their file network, with the introduction of a new basic account tier.
This new tier is included with CloudFS and gives you access to:
- Data Services Pulse, which monitors and reports on core storage data, file network activity, network health, and cloud connectivity metrics
- Configurable alerts triggered when storage, system and cloud thresholds are exceeded and may require attention
- CloudFS node inventory
- CloudFS dataset inventory
🚀 What's Improved
We've made it quicker and easier to connect your CloudFS to Data Services. Now, you simply connect your Master Node and we automatically detect and connect every other node in your deployment.
Dashboard visibility into your entire storage footprint now includes High Availability nodes, even while they're on standby.
Greater Licensing Flexibility
Previously bundled together, you can now individually license Data Services' search and audit capabilities.
Search delivers sub-second results across your entire global file system as well as any NetApp, Isilon or other file shares you connect. Audit allows you to track and audit actions such as file opens, edits, deletions, moves or permission changes, as well as find renamed or deleted files and recover them with just one click.
New Audit Data Retention License
With the introduction of a new 180-day data retention license, you simply decide how long you need to retain audit logs for, and purchase licenses to suit. Each license is additive to the default 90-day retention period.
For example, to retain audit logs for 270 days, you'd need to purchase one data retention license. Automated notifications alert you to audit logs that are nearing the end of their retention period, so you can decide whether a further extension is required.
Open Source Software Components Notice
Versions of open source libraries, components, or portions thereof may be utilized, embedded, bundled or otherwise included in the Panzura Data Services product, and we need to tell you about that.