Connect any NFS or SMB file share to start searching, auditing and analyzing your files.
Before you begin - you will need:
- IP address
- License Token
- Active Directory credentials for SMB users
- Type of filer (master, subordinate, HA global, or HA local)
- Location where the NFS/SMB plugin will be installed - this should be adjacent to the target NFS/SMB plug-in.
To install the NFS/SMB plugin:
- Log in to your Panzura Data Services account
- Select Manage Plugins from the Management section in the menu
- Click “New Plugin” in the right hand corner
- Go to “Open NFS/SMB” and click “Deploy it!”
- Copy the Plugin Activation Key and click “Next”
Note: You need this activation key to configure the virtual machine that will you download in the next step.
Click "Download Virtual Machine" and click Next
Open your ESXi environment.
Click File > Deploy OVF Template> Browse.
Select the OVF template that you downloaded from Panzura Data Service and click “Next”.
- Enter a name for your template, choose a location to store it and click "Next"
- Choose a host and click “Next”.
- Specify a specific host and click “Next”.
Choose a resource pool and click “Next”.
- Choose a data store and click “Next”.
Select the Thick Provision radio button and click “Next”.
Select VM Network and click “Next”.
Enter a name in the Indexer Plugin Name field. Note: The name that you enter is used to name the plug-in in Panzura Data Service.
- Paste the activation key in the Plugin Activation Key field.
Select Static from the Configuring a Virtual Network drop-down menu.
- Complete the following fields and click “Next”:
- Review your settings, select the Power on and click “Finish” to begin the deployment process
After your instance finishes deployment, navigate to its location, and wait for its IP address to display.
- Navigate back to your Panzura Data Service interface and click Next Step.
Click Finish and View Plugins.
After your plug-ins status displays as Running, select the check box next to your plugin and click Actions > Configure.
- Click Add Target, complete the fields on the Add New Target page and click Add New Target.
- Click “Next” and finish up in “Finish and View Plugins.” Your metadata now begins to stream into Panzura Data Service.